In order to protect confidential client information, RDSi adheres to the following working principles:
• access to the files for selected clients are restricted to the relevant RDSi/FI client account teams
• all hard drives on laptops are protected with Airwatch which ensures information is inaccessible to others should the laptop be lost or stolen
• Mimecast monitors our email traffic
• all hard copies of above client and confidential documents are kept securely under lock and key, at RDSi premises
All employees are required to adhere to The Data Protection Act 1998 which governs the use of personal information through the eight data protection principles.
These principles require that personal information accessible to RDSi employees is:
• processed fairly and lawfully
• processed for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and not further processed in any way that is incompatible with the original purpose
• adequate, relevant and not excessive
• accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
• kept for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being used
• processed in line with the rights of individuals
• kept secure with appropriate technical and organisational measures taken to protect the information
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area (the European Union member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.This is the data protection page.